Spoiler alert: it is not a list any company would want to be on…
Join us for an upcoming event on Tuesday October 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM ET. Roslyn Layton will be joined by FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr and other prominent national security experts for a discussion about the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)’s plan expand their “Covered List” of communications equipment and services that pose an unacceptable risk to the national security of the United States or the security and safety of United States persons. The 2019 Secure and Trusted Networks Act directs only a handful of companies to be on the list. However, given what we know about entities affiliated with the People’s Republic of China, others could be added.
Panelists will discuss agency’s current proceeding on the matter and where we go from here.
- The Honorable Brendan Carr – FCC Commissioner
- Martijn Rasser – Senior Fellow and Director of the Technology and National Security Program at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS)
- Emily Weinstein – Research Analyst at Georgetown’s Center for Security and Emerging Technology (CSET)
- Jordan Brunner – National Security Lawyer
- Colin Andrews – Senior Director, Government Affairs at the Telecom Industry Association